Barfi is the most popular sweet in India. When we talk about mithais the first that comes to our mind is Barfi. It is very delectable and is easy to make. Barfi is so popular that it has it has been experimented with a lot. We have hundreds of varieties of barfi available in the market. Every place we visit has a unique variety of barfi.
It all comes down to experimenting with the key ingredients of the recipe. There are many popular variants of Barfi but the most famous ones will always be Besan and the Kaju one.
What is it Made of
Besan Barfi is made of gram flour as it’s key ingredient. It is roasted in ghee at slow flame. The roasting of besan is what gives it the amazing flavor it has. It has only ghee and sugar as the other ingredients. It is simple and a relishing dessert. On the other hand Kaju Katli has kaju as the main ingredient.
Today I have come up with an amazing combination of Besan and Kaju barfi. It is easy to make and has the taste of both these. This is apt for any celebration. Try this at home and enjoy with your family.
Try out other desserts
Kaju Besan Barfi
- 1/2 Cup Ghee
- 3/4 Cup Gram Flour/Besan
- 1/2 Cup Milk Powder
- 1/2 Cup Cashew Powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Take a pan and put it on low flame.
- Add 1/2 Cup of Ghee into the pan.
- Once the ghee gets warm add 3/4 cup of Besan/Gram Flour into it.
- Roast the Besan with ghee till the raw smell goes off.
- After roasting for 4-5 minutes turn off the flame.
- Now add 1/2 cup of milk powder.
- Mix this well and keep the flame turned off.
- Now add 1/2 cup cashew powder and mix well.
- Now heat another pan for the sugar syrup.
- Add 3/4 cup water and 1 cup sugar in the pan.
- Cook this till it forms a sticky sugar syrup.
- Now keep the besan and kaju mix pan on low flame.
- Slowly add the sugar syrup into it.
- Cook it till the mithai leaves the side of the pan.
- Once it is done turn off the flame.
- Now grease a tray with oil to set the barfi.
- Add the barfi mixture into the tray to set.
- Make sure to flatten the barfi from all the sides and keep in the fridge to set.
- Now cut the barfi in whichever shape you like.
- Your Kaju Besan Barfi is ready to be served.
Tips to make Mouth melting Barfi
1.Make sure the besan is roasted properly otherwise it would give a raw taste to the mithai.
2.Remember to turn off the flame while adding the milk powder and cashew powder.
3.Check the consistency of the sugar syrup in between your fingers.
4.Cook the mixture well after adding the sugar syrup.
5.Check the barfi by placing the mixture in between your fingers so that it does not stick.
6.Do not cut it till it is set fully.