Idli is soft & fluffy steamed cake made of fermented rice & lentil batter.It is very tasty & can be served with coconut chutney,sambhar & any of the chutney.Same batter can be used to make Dosa,Uttapam,Appam & many others. Idlis are easily digestible.It is one of the healthiest protein packed breakfast from south Indian cuisine.
ऐसे बनाये फूलीफूली सॉफ्ट सफ़ेद इडली सबसे सही तरीका टिप्स के साथ Idli Dosa Batter recipe | Idli recipe
Raw Rice/Idli Rice – 3 cups
Urad dal – 1 cup
Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
Flattened rice – 1/4 cup (4 tbsp)
Salt to taste
Oil for Greasing
- To make Idli soft spongy Take a large bowl & add Raw rice.
- Wash 3-4 times & soak for 5 hours adding enough water.
- Take urad dal & fenugreek seeds.
- Wash & soak for 4 hours.
- Strain & separate water from Urad dal.
- Take a grinding jar.
- Add Urad dal & make a fine paste.
- Take out into bowl.
- Strain & separate water from Raw Rice & flattened Rice.
- Add Soaked Rice & Soaked Flattened Rice into grinding jar & Grind but do not Grind into Fine Paste.
- Take out into bowl.
- Add Urad Dal mix into Rice batter & Mix well.
- Keep space in bowl so that batter should not come out of bowl after Fermentation.
- Keep the mixture for fermentation for 8-10 hours.
- You can keep overnight for Fermentation.
- After Fermentation,Mix gently to retain air pockets.
- If its not fermented, use Eno/baking soda.
- Grease Mould with Oil & Pour mix.
- Put 1 glass of water in Idli Steamer.
- Heat on medium flame.
- Once it becomes hot,Keep Mould inside Steamer.
- Cover with lid & Steam on medium flame for 10-12 minutes.
- Turn off the flame & Open after 2 minutes.
- Check Idli with knife, if it comes out clean means it is cooked.
- If knife does not comes clean, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Demould with spoon.
- Idli is ready to serve.Enjoy!
- Tip 1: Wash 4-5 times till water runs clean
- Tip 2: Use Strained water to make fluffy
- Tip 3: If using mixer for grinding ,then use cold water
- Tip 4: During winter do not add salt
- Tip 5: If not in use,do not ferment & keep in freezer
- Tip 6: Do not put Idli Mould immediately in Steamer
- Tip 7: If batter becomes thin,add little Rice flour/Semolina
- Tip 8: Do not over steam
Thank you so much for lovely comment and watching Video. Click to subscribe https://goo.gl/n9nvav for more such recipes subscribe ☑️ and press👆 the 🔔🔔 Bell Icon. https://goo.gl/n9nvav अच्छे वीडियो को देखने के लिए सब्सक्राइब कीजिये ☑️और घंटी 🔔🔔.. को दबाना न भूले
CONNECT WITH ME: Subscribe- LIKE- Comment-Watch
Youtube: https://goo.gl/n9nvav Subscribe the YouTube Channel- Its Free✔👆
Facebook: https://goo.gl/JXAVCA please Like the FaceBook Page
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/0/106771386802825110090
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org If you want to know a recipe, then mail it to us at this.